Leading the Way
*Please be advised*
The only way to contact your provider is through our phone systems
In order to reduce wait times, we have instated voicemail boxes for each provider
You can find the extensions here
(If you are experiencing a medical emergency seek immediate attention)
South Shore Neurologic Associates, PC – is a comprehensive Neurologic care facility which is dedicated to alleviating the symptoms of neurological illness, neurological injury and chronic pain through excellence in patient care, advocacy, service, education and research. We have been providing neurologic care for people living in Suffolk County, Long Island since 1980. We have expanded our practice over the years to set standards in neurologic care on Long Island; through research and innovative treatments while providing comprehensive and personal patient care at our offices in Islip, Patchogue, and Riverhead as well as affiliated hospitals.
We are currently affiliated with Southside Hospital in Bayshore, Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in Patchogue, and Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead.
Our seventeen Neurologists are supported by a professional staff with specializations in Neuroradiology, Infusion Nursing, Clinical Research, Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Pain Management, and Acupuncture.
Precautions for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Despite recent cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) causing concern in New York State, South Shore Neurologic Associates, P.C. would like to assure you that our practice is still open and able to provide you with high quality neurological care. With guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, our staff is taking all the necessary steps to make sure we can continue to provide health care for our patients while also reducing any risk of being exposed to COVID-19. We have implemented rigorous precautionary measures to help mitigate the spread of the virus:
- Please remain at home and re-schedule your appointment with us if you or anyone in your household:
- Is exhibiting respiratory symptoms such as a dry cough, sore throat, sneezing, fatigue, shortness of breath, and/or a temperature above 100.4 F,
- Have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting results, or have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive,
- Have travelled internationally within the last 14 days or have had close contact with a person who has.
- Patients will be screened by phone and in person as they enter the office and we will re-schedule any patients that show symptoms of illness.
- Employees who are not feeling well will not be permitted to work and must be evaluated by a physician before returning.
- Phreesia tablets and all high touchpoints are routinely cleaned with a broad spectrum disinfectant after every use.
- All frequently touched surfaces within our offices such as workstations, doorknobs, countertops, handrails, etc. are thoroughly cleaned daily.
- Providers and employees are instructed to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer upon entering an exam room or before any interaction with a patient.
- Avoid handshaking (this is common practice in hospitals and other healthcare clinics), or any other unnecessary physical contact.
- The CDC is advising that we implement social distancing for all staff and patients. Patients will be advised that family members that are not essential to the visit must wait in the car. We will adjust seating arrangements in the office to adhere to this guideline.
- No outside vendors or drug representatives will be permitted entry into any of our 3 offices.
If you have any questions about your care, need to re-schedule your appointment, or have any questions regarding the policies above, please contact our office at 631-758-1910.
To stay updated on information about the COVID-19 Coronavirus, please visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
Thank you for continuing to trust us with your neurological care.
The Doctors and Staff of South Shore Neurologic Associates, P.C.
Telehealth Visits Now Available at South Shore Neurologic Associates!
During these uncertain times, South Shore Neurologic Associates continues to keep the safety of our patients, staff, and community a top priority. We also know that getting to the doctor isn't always easy, so we are bringing the doctor to you. We are pleased to announce that we are now offering telehealth visits! A telehealth visit is a virtual visit where you will be face to face with your provider via a smartphone, tablet, desk top or lap top computer with a good internet connection and a camera. It is comparable to a FaceTime or Skype call. You are able to see and talk to your provider from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Speak with a staff member or call our office at 631-758-1910 if you would like more information, or are interested in arranging a telehealth visit!
*Please note that virtual visits are for established patients only and are not available for complex visits/issues, or new patient consults. Our staff will guide you in determining the correct visit for your needs.