South Shore Neurologic Associates, P.C. has been providing services to individuals with epilepsy and related disabilities for over thirty years. Our Epilepsy center is an interdisciplinary group of highly skilled healthcare professionals who specialize in the area of epilepsy and seizure disorders. We work collaboratively to enhance the quality of life of those who are affected with this disease and strive for seizure-free patients through education, lifestyle modifications, appropriate pharmaceutical treatment and psychological/surgical intervention when appropriate. Our Epilepsy Center achieves its mission through education, treatment, compassion, advocacy and research.
Principle of management for the Epilepsy Center
- Provide an accurate diagnosis
- Raise awareness and understanding of the disease
- Reduce frequency and severity of seizures
- Minimize short term and long term adverse effects of treatment and disease
- Aid patients in achieving and maintain functional independence
- Facilitate an improved quality of life for patients with epilepsy and related diseases
- Provide compassionate care and realistic hope
- Promote empowerment
- Comprehensive Neurological Consultations
- Nursing Service Evaluations
- Case Management Evaluations
- Neuropsychological Evaluations
- Neurological Follow-Up
- Cognitive Assessments
- Individual and Family Education
- Physical Therapy
- Electroencephalograms (EEGs)
- 24-48 hour Ambulatory Electroencephalograms
- Inpatient Video Monitoring Services
- Radiology Imaging
- Medication Management
- Psychological Consultation / Psychotherapy
- Vocational Rehabilitation Referrals
- Neurosurgical Referrals
- Occupational Therapy Referrals
- Speech Therapy Referrals
Ask About Our Epilepsy Support Group...
A joint effort between South Shore Neurologic Associates PC and Brookhaven Memorial Hospital, designed for patients 18 years and older as well as families, loved ones, and caretakers of all individuals with epilepsy and seizure disorders. For more information contact Jennifer Morace at (631)758-1910 ext. 2111.
All of our Epilepsy Center staff have expertise and an in depth understanding of epilepsy. Physicians are board certified, clinicians are certified and licensed in their respective disciplines, and support staff are appropriately educated.
Vanessa Tassone, R. EDT.
Catherine Ficht, R.EEG/ EPT
Locations this service is offered at:
77 Medford Avenue (Route 112)
Patchogue, NY 11772
877 East Main Street
Riverhead, NY 11901
712 Main Street
Islip, NY 11751
No More Seizures
Living with no seizures and no side effects is a realistic goal for anyone with epilepsy. NoMoreSeizures.org offers tools and resources to helps patients and their caregivers talk to their doctors about medications, treatments and other options.
The Epilepsy Foundation
Epilepsy Foundation-trusted, reliable information for people with seizures, and their caregivers.
AES: American Epilepsy Society
Promotes research and education for professionals dedicated to the prevention, treatment and cure of epilepsy.
Raise your level of epilepsy awareness, plus learn more about causes of seizures, types of epilepsy, and treatment options.
Epilepsy Foundation of Long Island
Provides education, counseling and residential care. Includes newsletter, information on events, staff, support groups, and donations.
Take Charge of the Facts
Seizures and You: Take Charge of the Facts is a program that you can bring to your classmates and teacher (so something different for health class one day…) that shows you common seizure types, first aid, and other students your age living with seizures.
CURE : Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy
CURE Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy is a nonprofit organization dedicated to finding a cure for epilepsy by raising funds for research and by increasing awareness of the prevalence and devastation of this disease.