Brookhaven MRI Center
For more than twenty years, Brookhaven MRI has been a state-of-the-art imaging facility. Brookhaven MRI currently utilizes the latest generation 1.5 Tesla Hitachi Echelon Scanner-generating the highest quality in diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging. Our professional staff is committed to each patient’s comfort and safety. Board Certified Radiologists are trained in the most sophisticated and current imaging technologies, and are dedicated to providing patients with their results professionally and efficiently. Furthermore, referring physicians have long relied on the professional and compassionate care of their patients at our facility and can expect our full dedication to their needs.
What type of imaging equipment does Brookhaven MRI use?
Echelon is the latest generation 1.5 MRI scanner; providing all the capabilities you expect, plus patient-comfort features not available on other scanners. Echelon is the only 1.5 scanner that allows patients to be positioned feet-first for all exams, making the scanning procedure as pleasant as possible. Echelon easily manages patients weighing up to 500 lbs. This scanner provides patients with the assurance of the highest comfort levels possible during their scan.
What distinguishes Brookhaven's services?
Patients benefit from consistent, high quality diagnostic examinations, combined with the highest levels of professional service. Patients and referring physicians can be assured that our highly trained staff will accommodate any special patient needs, including those requiring care based on their medical or emotional needs.
We specialize in catering to patients who express discomfort with exams in other scanners. In particular, patients who suffer with claustrophobia have found that our scanner and staff, with their utmost comfort as our concern, enable them to easily complete their exams.
Because our high resolution magnet is the latest generation, exams are completed quickly and thoroughly; with the highest level of precision. The magnet itself is well lit and ventilated, and its wide bore makes for a far superior patient scanning experience.
Patients and Referring Physicians are always welcome to view our facility and are encouraged to ask our staff and physicians any questions they may have.
What to expect for your MRI:
- You will be asked to remove all metal objects from your person i.e. belts, jewelry, keys, hair accessories etc. as they will interfere with the magnet in the MRI machine
- Make sure you are comfortably positioned when you lay for your MRI. You will be expected to lay as still as possible during the test so that the machine can take the clearest image.
- Notify your technician if you are or may be pregnant.
- Notify your technician if you have any medical devices on your person which includes but is not limited to: a pacemaker, any type of metal object/plate in your body, Intrauterine device (IUD), surgical staples, Permanent eyeliner, or any kind of medical device in your body
- Contrast may be used for your procedure at your doctor’s request
- A technician will guide you through the entire procedure
Participating Health Plans
- American Imaging Management (AIM) for CIGNA
- Atlantis Health Plan
- Beech Street
- ChoiceCare PPO
- CIGNA HMO, POS, Network POS Open Access Plus
- Empire Blue Cross and Blueshield (Precert through NIA)
- GHI HMO/PPO (Precert through CareCore National, LLP
- Horizon Healthcare of NY
- Island Group Administration
- JJ Newman
- Local 1199 (Authorization through MedFocus)
- Medicaid (traditional Medicaid)
- National HealthCare Plan
- No Fault
- New York City Fire Department
- Railroad Medicare
- Suffolk County Empire BCBS
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare (The Empire Plan)
- Vytra Health Plans (non-capitated)
- Workers Compensation
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding participation.
Austin Pierce, MRI Administrator
Bob Moses, Chief MRI Technician
Locations this service is offered at:
77 Medford Avenue (Route 112)
Patchogue, NY 11772